Monday, October 13, 2008

Whatever the heck I want

I think it's funny how this blog was created by accident and continued through peer pressure.

Anyways, It’s amazing how BYU students feel like such good Mormons when getting a good score on a religious class quiz. A thought encouraged by my roommie’s celebration of her perfect score on a NT quiz. Unfortunately some become heathens during the summer when taking no religion classes. No names.

So my highlight of the week/weekend was buying 8 avocadoes for only two dollars. If anything I would think this would only happen in the markets of the streets in Mexico, but it was in the Wal-Mart Supercenter of Orem, UTAH! I was this close to asking an employee, “Ese es el precio correcto del aguacate?” meaning, “Is that the real price?” but I must admit I was afraid of a negative response so I decided to prolong my hope until the girl puts in the PLU number when ringing up the merchandise… and they were .25 each! I felt cheated from the BYU creamery on Ninth where I bought 4 avocadoes for 5 dollars (which at the moment I thought was a good deal) so I basically bought 12 avocadoes for 7 dollars. Considering the regular price of 1.69 each, that wasn't so bad :D I’m still curious and confused as to why avocadoes were so cheap. Needless to say, I still have not eaten any at the moment, but I will soon enough. If I can eat a day old spaghetti sauce, I think I can handle cheap avocadoes.

Last Wednesday, I had a meeting with my TMA faculty advisor. The meeting is required for the Media Arts Program application. I must say it was a good meeting, (although I had met with him the previous winter semester). He commented on my shoes and said he liked them. My self-esteem went up .25 points.

Talking of points… guess who won on the marathon crap-head game! Well Genevieve won first. She slaughtered me with an amazing 10-3. The second game around however we had an additional player in the form of Becca. Halfway through the game me and Genevieve teamed up and I won first with 10.5 points! Becca was sad, very sad. But it was later forgotten and I’m sad to inform that we will not play the game until we buy our own playing cards since we returned the borrowed cards to our 2nd floor neighbors.

I think the highlight of the weekend for me was the jerk competition we had on Saturday. I must say it was very fun. This was a great excuse for my harsh remarks towards others. The reason for these random jerkish remarks is that I’m distanced from my younger brother Ramnses who was the main recipient of these remarks. It was all in good fun I promise, and he knew that. After such a remark we would LOL. He would respond to my remarks in very creative and at times colorful ways and we would LOL again. I miss that relationship, and as a result there are spontaneous, stupid, and mean remarks towards others in the hope that they’ll laugh like my brother and I laughed. For the most part they do, but when I say such things in front of stranger, they look at me as a strange human-like creature that should be caged, trained, and put out in a circus performance. Okay not really but something similar yet not so extreme. :D

Well, I hope this is sufficiently long enough for the entertainment of perhaps my only reader, Genevieve. (BTW the title was my roommates suggestion as my brain was empty of any ideas.)

2 comments:

Gwennifer said...

I DON'T HAVE SLIMY ZITS.

Anyway, awesome update! I like how you think the price of the avocado determines the quality, since it obviously doesn't.

P.S. You know the bird is awesome!
P.P.S. You're totally going down when we buy some cards!
P.P.P.S. My name is spelled Genevieve. Only one "n", muchacha.

Becca said...

Genevieve is not your only reader... :) Creepy much? yes!

Cheep avocados are delicious!