Monday, December 15, 2008

This was so difficult...

because I have lots of favorites.

1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB, find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them in a note for everyone to guess. [via comment]
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. NO GOOGLING/using IMDB search functions. That's cheating and it ruins the fun.

1. If you speak my name, I vanish. What am I? Silence (Life is Beautiful via Genevieve)
2. “Tell me, do you know a guy called Mario who lives around here?” “There are a thousand Marios around here.” “Yes, but this one is a thief.” “There are still a thousand.”
3. Beggar: Sorry madam, I don't work on Sundays.
4. [P] was right all along. [CM] was fired on a Saturday. (The Chorus via Genevieve)
5. One minute you're defending the whole galaxy, and, suddenly, you find yourself sucking down Darjeeling with... Marie Antoinette and her little sister.
6. Now the snarfblatt dates back to prehysterical times when humans used to sit around and stare at each other all day. Got very boring. So they invented this snarfblatt to make fine music. (The Little Mermaid via Grandma)
7. What do you want me to do, dress in drag and do the hula? (The Lion King via Genevieve)
8. Oh... That's nice. Ash on my tomatoes!
9. I killed a man... with this thumb. (Ratatouille via Becca)
10. Oh, by the way. When in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck.
11. I'd like to thank you all for coming to my wedding. But first I'd better go in there and propose to the girl. (The Beauty and the Beast via Genevieve)
12. One family reunion comin' right up. (Mulan via Genevieve)
13. Ya can't rush art.
14. John, get ready to have some kids! (Wall-E via Genevieve)
15. I don't believe it... Bruce Willis is a ghost! (50 First Dates via Grandma)
16. He won't sit back in his chair for fear of setting wrinkles in his shirt. (The Village via Genevieve)
17. I don't know if you're aware of this, Josephine, but African parrots, in their native home of the Congo, they speak only French. You're lucky to get four words out of them in English, but if you were to walk through the jungle, you'd hear them speaking the most elaborate French.
18. Life is worth the scary parts.
19. [“They're gonna kill themselves... wanna watch?” “Yeah, all right.”]/ [“We'll either die free… or we die trying.” ”Are those the only choices?”] (Chicken Run via Genevieve)
20. When a poor man eats a chicken, one of them is sick.

5 comments:

Gwennifer said...

1. Life is Beautiful
4. The Chorus
7. The Lion King
11. Beauty and the Beast
12. Mulan
14. Wall-E
16. The Village

I'll probably remember more later, but that's how it is.

Gwennifer said...

19. Chicken Run [HEY!]

Shelby said...

6. The Little Mermaid
15. 50 first dates

Becca said...

9. Ratatouille

Shelby said...

10: Alice in Wonderland?