Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What's this?... my life for the next four months?!

(Good words to live by these upcoming months.)

Schedule for 2011 Winter Semester is as Follows:

REL C 324 - The Doctrine and Covenants

CMLIT 202 - Civilization: Literature 2
Taking it to fulfill two GE requirements but I'm excited nonetheless. A bit scared about the readings (10 books required for the class) since it's difficult for me to concentrate when I read, but what else can I do but try my best right? Besides I'm taking it with Becca!!!

ITAL 201 - Intermediate Italian 1
I added this to get enough credits to be a full-time student, but now I'm simply excited for the class. It'd be a shame to waste the little I learned freshman year and now I get to refresh my poor Italian and make it better!

TMA 315R - Special Projects 2 (Digital Video Technologies)
I figured if I want to be a learned film student, I should learn more about the digital aspect of cinema.

TMA 441R - Screenwriting 3
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS CLASS!!! I've taken both Screenwriting 1 and 2 and in them we learned about writing short scripts. This class is for feature-length screenwriting.

Sitting in:
TMA 492R - Media Arts Genres (Musicals)
I really wanted to take this class, but my desire is not so strong that I'd submit myself to a grueling 18-credit-semester. I already took this class last year with Dean Duncan and we looked at the horror genre. It was great. Now Sharon Swenson will focus on the musicals genre. What is there not to like about musicals right!? So I'll be sitting in class but not actually be registered for it. I'll go for the lectures, buy the book and do some reading, maybe stay to watch the films or rent them and watch them at home (I don't feel like sitting in class for five hours until 10pm every Wednesday again this semester).

That's how my semester looks for now. Aside from school I'm hoping to practice playing the guitar and piano, maybe actually paint or draw something, and exercise (anyone want to join?) Last semester opened my eyes to certain difficulties, but now that I'm aware of them, I plan to kick butt this semester. If all goes well I'll graduate in April, so why not finish with a bang!

Employment... I should get on that ASAP. Any tips anyone?

Oh and one last thing: Dating. I wouldn't mind if it became existent this semester. As much as I like hanging out, it's not the same. If this continues, I'll resort to staring at my shirtless-Shah Rukh Khan poster every night, then getting a date from me without having rock hard abs will be impossible. (Kidding)

Ideas:
  1. Trafalga Fun Center - Have never been.
  2. Laser Tag - I ranked 5 out of 20 recently. So be scared, be very scared.
  3. Salsa Chocolate - Don't know how to salsa? Learn! (BYU Salsa Club meets every Tuesday at 8:30pm in the Garden Court and Salsa Chocolate provides an hour of lessons before the dance.)
  4. BYU's Peter Pan - Grandma (aka the amazing Shelby Luke) costume designed for this play so you bet I will be attending. Basically anyone want to tag along?
  5. Living Legends - I've gone to this show every year since freshman year. So again, tag along?
  6. BYU International Cinema - Free. If you don't like any international cinema get off my blog now. Kidding... but seriously, who are you?
  7. Dollar Theater - Inexpensive (1.25 with student ID to be exact). If there's something decent (quality wise) why not.
  8. DVD Rentals/Netflix - Normally I'd say, "You're pushing it" but I'd be happy staying out of the frigid cold. And don't insult me by thinking I limit myself to chick-flicks or family movies. The occasional Gladiator or The Hurt Locker is most welcome.
  9. Video Games - That's right. I'm a gamer. Recently played Batman: Arkham Assylum, some Red Dead Redemption, and got slaughtered in Black Ops (I need more game time). Other favorites include Mario Games, Guitar Hero/Rockband, etc.
  10. Eating - Everybody does it, so why not give in to peer pressure. Anything goes.
I've given 10 ideas so far, your turn. What you got?

3 comments:

Ms. Beddes said...

nadine! who is your CMLIT professor? I took that class a couple of years ago and I LOVED it. seriously, best class ever.

Judith Lugo said...

Muy bien princesa, ahora a dar o mejor de ti!!Ok, dije lo mejor, no mas o menos ok I love you :-)

Gwennifer said...

Why is your blog so cool?

Also, my apartment is now home to a Wii. I'm trying to be back into my Mario Kart groove, but I'm open to some Just Dance and I'm a beast at Super Smash on any system.

BRING IT. I know I'm not a fine young gentleman to date, but I'll still school you ANY TIME.